Learn to climb trees on your own using MRS/DdRT system and techniques, chosen for their consistency and dependability when aloft.
Expand your climbing skills by learning advanced MRS/DdRT and SRS/SRT climbing techniques.
Learn how to take others into a tree under your guidance. Course includes facilitation & rescue techniques.
2022 Learn-to-Climb Schedule:
Beginning Tree Climbing (2-day workshops):
- March 5-6 (Sat/Sun)
- March 21-22 (Mon/Tue)
- April 30-May 1 (Sat/Sun)
- May 13-14 (Fri/Sat)
- June 4-5 (Sat/Sun)
- September 3-4 (Sat/Sun)
- October 8-9 (Sat/Sun)
- October 22-23 (Sat/Sun)
Advanced Climbing Techniques (1-day workshops):
MRS - "Beyond the Blake's"
- April 23 (Sat)
- October 14 (Fri)
SRS - Stationary Rope Systems & Techniques
- October 29 (Fri)
Tree Climbing Facilitation (3-day training):
- March 23-25 (Wed-Fri)
*Climbing & Facilitation Combined Course (5-days)
- March 21-25 (Mon-Fri)
- Class sizes limited to 3 students.
- Classes held in Waukesha, WI.
- We provide all equipment necessary to participate and complete the course work.
- Students are introduced to a variety of equipment which you can experiment with to help determine what equipment you may be interested in when it comes time to purchase your own gear.
- Students wishing to utilize their own equipment may do so if it passes our quality and safety inspections.
- Classes are appropriate for adults, ages 18+. Contact us if you are interested in training for younger climbers.
Private training scheduled year-round
Start Your Own Program!
Recreational tree climbing is an affordable and practical activity for camps, nature centers and educational organizations. Treetop Explorer, LLC will train your staff & work with you to develop a program that conforms with your operational procedures and organization's objectives.