Climbing trees is one of the most unique, exciting, and fulfilling skills you can learn. Whether you are looking for an adventurous pastime, searching for a more intimate experience in nature, or wishing to work outdoors, tree climbing can fulfill these desires.
Climbing trees opens up a whole new frontier for your adventurous spirit to explore. Most trees have never been climbed or explored by a human being. You may be the first and possibly only person to experience a particular tree.
Climber training classes and workshops are offered year-round. Join us for one of our scheduled workshops or contact us to schedule a personal or in-house training session.
See for yourself, the joy of exploring the canopy above!
Experienced climbers spend 5 days traversing 1KM/82 trees across the forest canopy, using beginning and advanced climbing techniques. (27:11)
Learn to climb trees on your own using MRS/DdRT system and techniques, chosen for their consistency and dependability when aloft.
Expand your climbing skills by learning advanced MRS/DdRT and SRS/SRT climbing techniques.
Learn how to take others into a tree under your guidance. Course includes facilitation & rescue techniques.
Upcoming Learn-to-Climb Classes
Beginning Tree Climbing (2-day class)
- March 18-19 (Sat/Sun)
- March 20-21 (Mon/Tue)
- April 15-16 (Sat/Sun)
- May 27-28 (Fri/Sat)
- June 10-11 (Sat/Sun)
- July 15-16 (Sat/Sun)
- September 2-3 (Sat/Sun)
- October 21-22 (Sat/Sun)
- November 18-19 (Sat/Sun)
Advanced Climbing Techniques (1-day workshop)
MRS - "Beyond the Blake's"
- April 20 (Thu)
- May 1 (Mon)
- August 27 (Sun)
- September 14 (Thu)
SRS - Stationary Rope Systems & Techniques
- April 27 (Thu)
- May 15 (Mon)
- September 19 (Tue)
Tree Climbing Facilitation (3-day training)
- March 22-24 (Wed-Fri)
*Climbing & Facilitation Combined Course (5-days)
- March 20-24 (Mon-Fri)
- Class sizes limited to 3 students.
- Classes held in Waukesha, WI.
- We provide all equipment necessary to participate and complete the course work.
- Students are introduced to a variety of equipment which you can experiment with to help determine what equipment you may be interested in when it comes time to purchase your own gear.
- Students wishing to utilize their own equipment may do so if it passes our quality and safety inspections.
- Classes are appropriate for adults, ages 18+. Contact us if you are interested in training for younger climbers.
Private training scheduled year-round
Start Your Own Program!
Recreational tree climbing is an affordable and practical activity for camps, nature centers and educational organizations. Treetop Explorer, LLC will train your staff & work with you to develop a program that conforms with your operational procedures and organization's objectives.