Learn to climb trees on your own using MRS/DdRT system and techniques, chosen for their consistency and dependability when aloft.
Expand your climbing skills by learning advanced MRS/DdRT and SRS/SRT climbing techniques.
Learn how to take others into a tree under your guidance. Course includes facilitation & rescue techniques.
2022 Learn-to-Climb Schedule:
Beginning Tree Climbing (2-day workshops):
- March 5-6 (Sat/Sun)
- March 21-22 (Mon/Tue)*
- April 30-May 1 (Sat/Sun)
- May 13-14 (Fri/Sat)
- June 4-5 (Sat/Sun)
- September 3-4 (Sat/Sun)
- October 8-9 (Sat/Sun)
- November 5-6 (Sat/Sun)
Advanced Climbing Techniques (1-day workshops):
MRS - "Beyond the Blake's"
- April 23 (Sat) & October 14 (Fri)
SRS - Stationary Rope Systems & Techniques
- October 29 (Fri)
Tree Climbing Facilitation (3-day training):
- March 23-25 (Wed-Fri)*
*Climbing & Facilitation Combined Course (5-days)
- March 21-25 (Mon-Fri)
- Class sizes limited to 3 students.
- Classes held in Waukesha, WI.
- We provide all equipment necessary to participate and complete the course work.
- Students are introduced to a variety of equipment which you can experiment with to help determine what equipment you may be interested in when it comes time to purchase your own gear.
- Students wishing to utilize their own equipment may do so if it passes our quality and safety inspections.
- Classes are appropriate for adults, ages 18+. Contact us if you are interested in training for younger climbers.
Private training scheduled year-round
Start Your Own Program!
Recreational tree climbing is an affordable and practical activity for camps, nature centers and educational organizations. Treetop Explorer, LLC will work with you to train your staff & develop a program that conforms with your operational procedures and organization's objectives.