BEGINNING TREE CLIMBING
Learn the basic skills necessary to safely enjoy technical tree climbing on your own. Assessing the health of a tree and understanding the intricacies of the professional climbing system is where it all begins as there is no room for error.
Students are introduced to technical tree climbing using the traditional moving rope system (MRS)/doubled rope climbing technique (DdRT). This climbing system is utilized by arborists and recreational climbers for its dependability and safety. Instruction includes proper use and care of the equipment and covers the skills necessary to: inspect a tree, enter a tree, maneuver around the canopy, return to the ground.
Class sizes are small, providing a low student to instructor ratio so you get personal attention during our 2 days together.
Price: $525.00 per person, plus tax. (Group and Multi-student discounts)
- 2-day class instruction (16hrs)
- Copy of Beginning Tree Climbing - manual & reference guide
- 4 days of climbing opportunities with Treetop Explorer instructor (includes free use of climbing equipment)
2019 Class Schedule:
March 9-10 | March 30-31 | June 15-16 | September 7-8 |
October 26-27 | Oct 31-Nov 1
2020 Class Schedule to be announced in February!
- All classes held in Waukesha, WI...or you can bring us to your location.
- Read full course description (pdf)
- FAQs and what to expect