Tree Climbing Field Day (2022)
Date: Saturday, September 10th
Location: tba ( Waukesha County)
Age: 7 yrs to adult - previous experience required
Price: $50.00 per person, plus tax
Includes: 2 speed climb ascents, 1 work climb, Treetop gift.
These events are for personal enjoyment and not intended as a head-to-head competition.
The events are open to climbers of varying ages and experience levels; therefore times and points are provided as a gauge of your personal performance, to be used as a reference to your past and future performance levels.
Interested in expanding your skillset and improving your technique before the Field Day? Check out our Open-Advanced Climbs!
Task 1: Limbwalk
- Walk out on a branch, collect 2 seeds & secure them in your saddle bag.
- Researchers collect various samples from the branches to study trees, gather seed for reproduction, monitor animal and other plant life that live in the tree canopy. To do so they may need to get out to the ends of the branch. Arborists also need to limbwalk to prune near the end of a branch.
- Our simulation involves walking out on a branch & removing 2 beanbags from a bucket.
Task 2: Branch toss
- Remove 2 branches and toss them to the ground, aiming for the designated drop zone.
- Arborists prune for a variety of health-related reasons and to remove dead limbs. Once cut, branches need to be sent to the ground taking care to avoid damage or injury to items on the ground. To do this, they typically designate a specific area on the ground as the drop zone.
- Our simulation involves tossing 2 beanbags at the target on the ground.
Task 3: Swing time!
- Swing out as far as you can & try to ring the bell!
- Swinging from a branch high in the canopy is a thrill enjoyed by rec climbers. Swinging can also come into play for professional climbers under any discipline. For instance, when needing to move to the other side of the tree, the quickest way to get there just may involve a swing!
- Our simulation involves swinging out to ring a bell hanging out of reach from the branch.