Connect with trees and yourself on a whole new level!
Few activities offer the unique aspect and adventure of working your way towards the top of a large, mature tree.
As a child you may have fond memories of climbing high into smaller trees around your yard or neighborhood. Do you recall that feeling of adventure and excitement? It felt great to achieve lofty goals all on your own. It was peaceful up there.
With Guided Excursions, you climb alongside a tree climbing adventure guide, as we head to the top of the tree for a memorable experience you won't soon forget.
Large trees require multi-pitch climbing, which involves resetting climbing lines progressively higher in the tree once we reach the top of our climbing ropes. Your guide will handle the technical rigging along the way as you work the through the challenges and excitement of climbing into a place few or possibly no humans have gone before.
Professional and recreational tree climbers experience trees in a unique way. Our Guided Excursions are perfect for inexperienced climbers and novice climbers as we provide the equipment and knowledge to safely explore large, mature trees.
Whether you have a tree on your own property which you'd like to grow a deeper connection with or climb with us in one of our favorites, it's time to take a break from your ordinary routine.
The trees are waiting to be explored!
- Safety orientation.
- Introduction to your climbing equipment.
- Learning the ropes...and knots & techniques.
- We begin our ascent towards the crown of the tree.
- Work on branch sitting, standing and introduction to limb-walking.
- Explore the crown of the tree and enjoy the final ascent to the highest accessible point of the tree.
- Spend your time laying your head back on a branch or use one of our hammocks.
- How will you spend your time? We enjoy reading, journaling, napping, taking in the view, and meditation.
*While you will gain a new appreciation for trees, your abilities and recreational tree climbing, guided tree climbs do not teach the skills necessary to climb trees unassisted. Those skills are taught in our Beginning Tree Climbing class.
EQUIPMENT AND CLOTHING:
Treetop Explorer, LLC provides all of the equipment and gear necessary to enjoy recreational tree climbing safely. We recommend long pants and sturdy shoes for climbing. An assortment of gloves will be provided, but participants can bring their own.
- Guided Excursions are customizable, typically lasting approximately 4-5 hours.
- Group size is limited to 1-3 climbers,
- Climbers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by parent or adult guardian.
- Recommended for ages 10 years and older.
Individuals under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not permitted to climb.
Each participant will need to submit a signed waiver prior to climbing.